Nehemiah Economic Development Merit Scholarship will be awarded to high school students living in Nehemiah homes and the surrounding areas of Brownsville, and East New York.
Open: March 1st- April 15th, 2017
Decision Date: May 15th, 2017
1. Resident of Ocean Hill, Brownsville or East New York
2. Graduating from High School in good academic standing with high academic achievement.
3. Accepted to an Accredited 4-year College or University within the United States.
4. Performs community service within an organization that directly benefits the communities of Ocean Hill, Brownsville or East New York. Written proof of participation must be provided from supervisor or director of the program.
5. Character reference letter from a teacher, employer or community leader.
6. Submit a two page essay explaining, "why you deserve this scholarship and how you plan to give back to your community after graduating from college."
Finalist will be chosen for an interview before scholarships are awarded.
For application please submit an email with your Name and High School along with a Word or PDF file attachment providing thesupporting documents listed in the Criteria.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or with any questions.